The International Rasmus Malling-Hansen Society

 

The founding meeting of The International Rasmus Malling-Hansen Society took place on the 6.th of may 2006 in Copenhagen in the localities of the former "Royal Institute for the deaf-mutes", where Malling-Hansen was principal from 1865 until his death in 1890. 

 

On the picture you can see the present Count of Knuthenborg, many descendants of Malling-Hansen and the other participants surrounding the monument made in memory of Malling-Hansen after his death, and which was moved from the Garnisons churchyard to the Institute in 1947. 

 

 

A memory poster from the founding meeting - with the signatures of all the participants. Most of the drawings are from Malling-Hansen's patent applications, owned by Dieter Eberwein. The portrait in the middle is owned by The Royal Library in Copenhagen
This sculpture was made by Ludvig Brandstrup, who also made the medallion on Malling-Hansen's tombstone. It's owned today by the Døvehistorisk Selskab, and can be seen in their museum in Kastelsvej. Photo: Jan William Rasmussen
This beautiful painting of the 1878 model of the writing ball is made by member of the Malling-Hansen Society, Jørgen Malling Christensen. Jørgen is a great-grandson of Malling-Hansen's brother, Johan Frederik Oluf Emanuel Hansen (1839-1918). Copyright: Jørgen Malling Christensen